What Makes the Silver Spur Unique?
Located in the Texas Hill Country, just an hour from the San Antonio Airport!
The Silver Spur Ranch is surrounded by serene Hill Country vistas and immerses you in nature’s beauty, fresh, clean air, and spectacular sunsets; you will find this the perfect atmosphere to relax and rejuvenate while enjoying a rustic Texas ranch experience.
The ranch is a truly unique 300-acre sanctuary, surrounded by an abundant variety of natural Texas landscapes and wildlife. Guests love our variety of animals, including horses, longhorns, miniature donkeys, pygmy goats, geese and chickens. You may even encounter a few wild critters too – from birds and deer, to armadillos, porcupines, and jack rabbits.
There are miles of trails on the ranch with scenic and panoramic views atop plush hillsides and all around the ranch. Your senses take in the surprises and pleasures of nature while enjoying the experience a guided horseback ride or hiking one of the many marked trails.
The ranch has a great neighbor, the Hill Country State Natural Area, which has over 5,600 acres our guests can use for extended horseback rides, fishing, camping and wildlife watching.
- The Silver Spur Guest Ranch includes a large 3-story main lodge: guest rooms, a large gathering area with a big, beautiful stone fireplace, pool table, dining room, hospitality room, and gift shop; wood and stone cabins; horse corrals and an arena; outdoor eating areas; tranquil Wagon Wheel garden full of flowers, herbs, and vegetables; large campfire area; volleyball and horseshoe pits; a playground; and many easily accessible horseback and hiking trails around the entire 300 acre property. The covered porch extending the entire length of the lodge is a great place to gather, visit and watch beautiful Texas sunsets.
- The Round-Up Room is a gathering space for meetings, workshops, classes and special events including a deck large enough for outdoor classes and meals.
- The Healing Studio: our wellness building offering our guests a variety of wellness therapies, herbal remedies, organic skin care, aromatherapy, mind/body wellness books and more.
- We have the largest swimming pool in the area, (Junior Olympic size with 250,000 gallons), with spacious pool decking, and a large cabana.
- The Silver Spur has comfortable guest accommodations. The rooms and cabins are beautifully decorated and furnished to make you feel right at home.
- We serve delicious, hearty meals, unlimited snacks and beverages and can accommodate most dietary needs.
- The horseback trail rides are scenic with panoramic hills, meadows and areas covered with trees. We have friendly horses and the most experienced wranglers in the Hill Country, so even beginners as well as experienced riders are in good hands to enjoy the breathtaking trail rides.